Quebec Regions Fast Forward Challenge, an initiative of the Government of Canada
The Government of Canada this week announced the launch of the Canada Economic Development (CED) for Québec Regions Fast Forward Challenge, a new initiative aimed at helping young entrepreneurs fund their business projects.
This opportunity will allow 10 innovative businesses from across Québec to obtain a $50,000 grant to carry out their business projects.
Eligible companies can apply between February 8 and April 1, 2019.
Business will have to meet the following requirements to be considered:
1. Must be incorporated in Canada
2. Must be in existence for less than three years
3. Must be registered with the Registraire des entreprises du Québec.
4. Must have at least two shareholders
5. Must belong to people aged 18 to 39
6. Must include significant participation by engineering graduates or students enrolled in engineering programs
7. Must be based in Québec and;
8. Must be proposing, as part of the Challenge, an innovation that has reached a technology readiness level (TRL) of at least level 6